The lapse of luxury

"It is bitter to have loved and lost than never to laugh it off," Bamuall Subtler

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

May we learn from the eros of our ways

Celebrating the Body Erotic

I haven’t posted in over a year because I have been inhabiting a non-verbal state much of the time. Transforming my life by moving out of my head. In August 2010 I was introduced to sensual massage with tantric elements. Thank you Ron Stewart, I’ll be forever grateful. During the first massage session I realized that trauma buried deep within my body was at the root of my struggle to relate to myself and others in a fulfilling way.

Attending my first Celebrating the Body Erotic made me think it is high time to share my insights: not to replace the experience with words but to temporarily at least provide some order to the turbulent life of feeling. And maybe there’s something here that may help other men to explore this terrain for themselves. CBE is a retreat where men share in the revelations of their erotic selves. Trust-building and spiritual exercises are combined with touch, dance, music, humour and fantasy. What follows is the 1st of what I what I hope will be a series of pieces on CBE, and my goal to unify all aspects of my life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home