The lapse of luxury

"It is bitter to have loved and lost than never to laugh it off," Bamuall Subtler

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Language en-gendered


Welcome to The Laugh Lapse, a playground for my enthusiasms: language, philosophy, music, gamelan, satire, gay issues, science fiction, puns, etc.

I'll start off with an attack on the gender-ification of language, intentional or otherwise, a la herstory, a misconstruction implying that history derived from his story. Don't misinterpret this pet peeve of mine as a dislike of feminism. I'm all for it. As a fag, I've always known that the wasps (white anglo saxon protestant straights) don't like to share power, and always have to be the top (missionary or otherwise).

Along these lines I suggest the following sexual pairings:

emancipate, effemincipate

emasculate, femisculate

effeminate, andronate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home